Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Heirupism

I like those untranslatable words from various languages. Heirupism is a Romanian word used to describe a rushed action or an overly enthusiastic approach to solving a problem.

This was my approach towards one of my latest learning objectives - obtaining the Google Educator Certification.

I have been using the Google Apps for Education (GAFE) platform for more than 1 year now but last month I decided to take it to the next level - to get certified as a GAFE Trainer. The first step towards that was to obtain the Google Educator Certification (meaning going through the online material and then passing 5 online exams).

Due to the fact that time seems to be more precious than gold for me lately (or californium, says the geek in me), I decided to "just do it". So for the past 3 days I've been spending my afternoons on learning and taking exams. Not the best approach towards learning (and something I haven't been doing since my University years :P) - but it got me to my goal:


What is your take on timing and learning? Do you allocate enough time for your learning to be deep and meaningful? If so, how can you test that?


No comments:

Post a Comment